Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stinky Fast

So because I have shut down my main social media pages. Life has forced me to do some things that I am suppose to be doing anyway; like turn the TV off and listen to how loud the fish tank really is, or eat less meat, and be still somewhere, and oh yeah Blogg smh. Anyway, the house is on day 2 of the fast, and I am reminded that the process of fasting is a detox. It is a detox of the body, and the spirit. I don’t think I have to get too deep of what it means to detox the body. Ok, maybe a little just to make sure we are on the same page. When the body is not getting some of the foods, sugars, and fats it is use to, and in some cases replacing those foods with more vegetables, your body is able to release toxins/ poisons/ “bad stuff”. Now when the “bad stuff” is released, the affect is always the same; stinky. Stinky breath, sometimes stinky pores, and definitely stinky you know what… Well I’m just blogging to remind you what I was reminded this morning. The spiritual part of the detox works the same way as the physical. Don’t fight it, don’t be defeated by it, just know that there is some spiritual stinkiness that also happen. There may be some type of relational conflict that rises up, received some bad news, or challenges in relationship within your job, your house, your world. Our first response tends to be fighting spirit with flesh, “Let me give this person a piece of my mind”, or rolling your neck at the devil, “You know the devil is busy trying to distract me from my fast!” Just know that this obstacle is neither flesh or the devil. It is simply the process of your spiritual body detoxing some things that are not allowed to be attached to you as you pursue the next level. that is all

1 comment: