Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Want To NEVER Get Old- Some after 40 thoughts

I don’t ever want to get old. One day that ol’ basketball injury might catch up on me. One day my pep might be a little slower. I pray that as days go by, I will obtain more Godly wisdom. These kids will one day have kids of their own, and my name will be changed from Zoe’s Dad to Pop Pop. I don’t care about all of that. ‘matter’a fact, I look forward to those days. I just don’t wanna be OLD. I’m ok with stuff poppin’ and stuff needing more stretchin going to sleep early and waking up earlier I just don’t wanna be old. You know... when music stops sounding like music. Or shall I say when new music “ain’t music” and when “old music” is the only music. You know what I mean? When you go from arguing that this “new sound” of music is not devil music, to fighting on the other side to keep this newer devil music out of the church. ....Getting old; when I haven’t struggled with anything on the top 10 list of sins in about 15 years so I no longer have compassion for young people strugglin’ with what I don’t struggle with anymore. Or when I get too old to remember that the struggle the younger person is wrestling with is the same struggle I’ve struggled with. And let’s not talk about being old enough to master how to hide my present struggles. I’m coo with having to driving 25 in a 40 mph zone while folk is passing me by. I just don’t ever want to think that I haven’t had Chu’ch if we haven’t sang a Kirk Franklin song, or haven’t Worshipped if we haven’t sung a Chris Tomlin song. When I stroll into the party with my Aviator sunglasses on, while the world has gone back to Ray-bans don’t say nuthin’ to me! ‘Cause I know I’m too cool for this party. But if you ever notice that me being “outside of the box” means I’m leaning on the box, please be sure you let me know when they’re about to build a bigger box to put me in. Yeah, Getting Old. Ima try not to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment